The Universal Church, Inc. (the “Church,” “we” or “us”) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Protecting your private information is our priority. By using this Website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
This Policy does not apply to non-Church Website, including websites or mobile applications that may link to our Sites or be linked to by our Sites.
1. Types of Data Collected
When you visit our Website, the Church collects the following data:
- • Information you provide to us: Members that register on this Website voluntarily provide us with personal identification information (such as name, email address, phone number, etc.). We also collect payment information and the amount of your gift, which you chose to provide when donating through our Website or our toll-free phone line. The Website may also collect data you decide to provide on message boards hosted on our sites or through online counseling services, including live chat or email counseling. Information provided may include text, links, images or videos.
- • Information collected automatically: The Website may collect information about your device, such as your Internet Protocol or “IP” address as well as anonymous geolocation information. This information is anonymous and is not linked to your personal information.
- • Cookies: The Website use “cookies” to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our Website based on what you have done and told us before. The “cookie” is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our Website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you are particularly interested in. They also let us track your usage of the Website, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or cancel them by adjusting the settings on your Web browser accordingly.
2. How Your Data is Used
The Church collects your data so that we can:
- • Direct you to a pastor for spiritual counseling or guidance;
- • Provide you with information you request;
- • Contact you with questions or to notify you of any issues pertaining to donations;
- • Email you Church newsletters or information about services you may be interested in;
- • Perform analysis to improve the quality of the Website and other services we offer; and
- • Respond to your questions and comments.
3. Data Sharing with Third Parties
The Church does not sell, rent or lease user data to third parties. The Church does not generally share the information that we collect about you with third parties. However, we may share this information with third parties in limited circumstances, including:
- • Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- • To respond to legal process, in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or to protect our rights or the rights of others;
4. Children’s Policy
The Website is intended for users ages thirteen and over. The Church does not knowingly collect personal information on the Website from children under 13. Should we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information through our sites, we will delete that information from our database.
5. User-Generated Content
Our services may contain interactive areas, such as online message boards, where users might submit comments or other content (including information about the user that might be displayed in the user’s public profile within an online community) that may be posted on a service or otherwise published. If you use these features, please be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (such as name, e-mail address, and the like) in content submitted for posting or publication, the information can be read and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. Please take care when submitting content to any online services, including ours.
6. E-mail Communications
From time to time, The Universal Church may contact you via email or text message for the purpose of providing announcements, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from The Universal Church or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from The Universal Church, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of the email received.
7. External Links
8. Data Protection Rights
The Church would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- • The right to access: You have the right to request copies of the personal data stored by the Church. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- • The right to rectification: You have the right to request that the Church correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the Church complete information you believe is incomplete.
- • The right to erasure: You have the right to request that the Church erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- • The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that the Church restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- • The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the Church processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- • The right to data portability: You have the right to request that the Church transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Certain circumstances may prevent us from complying with your requests, which may include situations where it is necessary for us to:
- • Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- • Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- • Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- • Otherwise use your personal information in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
10. Contact Information
If you would like to exercise any of your data protection rights or have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
The Universal Church
100 Mulberry Street, 14th Floor
Newark, New Jersey 07102